Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Potato Crust Pizza!



Clean Eating Potato-Crust Pizza!!   Now tell me that doesn't look YUMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!  Oh my gosh, this was the BEST pizza ever!  I recently went out to eat at a local pizza place.  I can't remember the last time I had eaten there and they have the BEST cheese rolls.  I'm sure they surpass my calorie count for three or four days but THEY ARE WORTH IT once in a while.  I should have however, stopped at the cheese rolls.  The pizza left little to be desired.  I have decided I am done eating take out pizza.  While I may not eat it often, I still can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed eating take out pizza.  


This recipe is from a Clean Eating email I received recently.  I did however, change the recipe slightly.  It called for eggplant which I had purchased but by the time I got to cook it, the eggplant was bad.  So I did what anyone would do, I used every other veggie in my fridge.  


Potato-Crust Pizza with roasted veggies


2 lbs white potatoes, scrubbed well
Whatever veggies you have on hand (or your choice of toppings)
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried oregano


Place veggies in oven at 475 degrees.  Brush veggies with olive oil and bake 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.  (There is something about roasting veggies that brings the best taste out of each vegetable.)  While veggies are cooking, fill a large mixing bowl halfway with cold water- grate potatoes, immediately placing potatoes in water to prevent browning.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly mist with olive oil spray.  Working with one handful at a time, squeeze excess water from potatoes and place on a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.  Roll up towel, bend and wring any remaining moisture from potatoes.  Spread potatoes on baking sheet, creating about 1/8 layer thick.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Once potato crust is baked, top with your choice of toppings- add mozzarella then rosemary and oregano.  bake for 20 more minutes, until golden brown. 


I had to force myself to stop eating after two slices.  This recipe didn't call for any sauce and to be honest, I didn't miss it.  I ended up using, red, yellow and green pepper, avocado, onion and tomatoes.  I will try this recipe again using sweet potatoes, basil pesto sauce and goat cheese instead of mozzarella.  


I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Blessings,
j



No comments:

Post a Comment