Monday, December 24, 2012

The meaning of Christmas

I failed my challenge already.  I made it to day 3.  I didn't fail because I ate something I shouldn't- which was a miracle because Cari and made peanut butter balls (dark AND white chocolate)!  I failed because I chose to get into an argument.  I was trying to stay as positive as I could but I could no longer hold my tongue. 

My argument was warranted in my mind and I couldn't hold it in any more.  When will we understand the meaning of Christmas?  When will we understand that it is NOT about how much or how little our money can buy?!  When will we understand Christmas is about our people.  Our people that surround us....our family, our friends and co-workers.  Christmas is about finding joy together from the year behind us and the year ahead.  It's about good food and better memories.  It's about laughter and spending time with the people you may not see every day. It's not about what I bought you or what I couldn't buy you this year.

Would you think less of me if I couldn't afford a gift for you this year?  Oh wait, if you are reading this, I probably couldn't afford a gift for you this year. 

Still love me?

Merry Christmas Friends.

Peace and love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment