Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Coffee, black please.

This is one of my reasons I have not gone vegan before now.  My coffee with cream.  I only use a bit of half and half which is amazing because I used to drink vanilla, hazelnut or almond joy creamers.  Have you looked at the ingredients on those lately?  Oh, I know they taste good.  I used them for YEARS!!!  Something that I think about when it comes to what we put in our mouths is this-- If I do it on a regular consistent basis, over and over, daily, weekly, yearly...what is that doing to my body?! That is why I stopped the flavored creamers.  Seriously, I can't pronounce most of the ingredients in it.  I was addicted too.  I didn't think I would EVER get off that stuff.  I'd been using it in my morning coffee for probably 20 years.  It was my crack.  Then I did a clean eating challenge and had to give it up.  Funny thing is, once I was off it, I didn't want it.  I tried it once and had to dump my coffee out because it was awful.  It left an oily taste on my tongue.  I enjoyed my simple half and half better.  I almost didn't give up my half and half for this challenge.  Then I thought, "if I am going to do it, I may as well do it right".  At first I was like, "this is my challenge, I can make it what it is".  Then I thought, "well I may as well eat cheese then"....you catch my drift.  

So I had my coffee black today.  It didn't taste that bad.  I can do this.


Reason #2 on why I should go vegan-
One glass of milk can have 180,000,000 puss cells and still be deemed acceptable for human consumption. 

ummm, gross. 

Love j

No comments:

Post a Comment