Monday, January 20, 2014

101 Days of compassion....

Yesterday marked day 84, the last day of my 12 week workout plan with Jamie Eason.   I meant to take progress pictures this morning but I still have to do my body fat analysis and measurements so I"ll share all that with you when I get it all done.  

Today, I started a new 12 week program.  It's all about bettering myself and gaining more muscle.  My LOVE still lies with Jazzercise but cross training my body will make me a better instructor!  

Today starts a different new challenge for me.  I am going vegan and totally plant based for 101 days.  I know you are thinking...."why?"  To that, I say "why not?!"   I have to be honest and say, my eating has not been the best over the last year.  I can't seem to get my head in the game.  Suffering from chronic back pain can force you to eat a lot of chocolate, candies, pastries, pastas, chips,  umm, carrots~!  NOT my fault, OBVIOUSLY!!  

I have been a vegetarian for about 10 years. I've been considering going vegan for the last several years.  I've done it for 6 weeks before and I felt great.  The love of cheese and half and half in my coffee is what strays me away.  I had my coffee black this morning, as I will for the next 100 days. 

In case you didn't know, there are several different types of vegetarianism.  Thank you Wikipedia-

 There are a number of types of vegetarianism, which exclude or include various foods.
  • Ovo vegetarianism includes eggs but not dairy products.
  • Lacto vegetarianism includes dairy products but not eggs.
  • Ovo-lacto vegetarianism (or lacto-ovo vegetarianism) includes animal/dairy products such as eggs, milk, and honey.(THIS is what I have practiced although I didn't eat fish at first, I did start eating fish several years after becoming a vegetarian)
  • Veganism excludes all animal flesh and products, such as milk, honey, and eggs, as well as items refined or manufactured through any such product, such as bone-char refined white sugar or animal-tested baking soda.(THIS is what I will be practicing for the next 101 days)

I will be putting a daily reason on why I should go vegan on my blog.  These things may be hard to read; however, they are even harder for the animals to endure. 


Reason #1 on why I should go vegan and not eat eggs.  Farmers only want the female chicks for laying eggs and the male chicks do not have good meat.  Therefore, the male chicks are ground up in a grinder WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE.  Or, they are put in a garbage bag to suffocate.  

Peace,
Love j

No comments:

Post a Comment