Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kindness matters

Hi friends,

It's been a while since I have blogged and I'm going to do something about that.  I've decided to start a Meatless Monday post and a Thankful Thursday post.

As most of you know, I am a vegetarian and I am teetering on the side of becoming a vegan but just haven't gone there yet.  I find myself steering away from dairy more and more because it just does not agree with my body most of the time.  I am just sick with the way we treat animals for meat and dairy and that lays heavy on my heart sometimes.  

I thought you might like to try some different recipes and make your Mondays meatless with me.

Trying to stay positive and realize what I am thankful each week will keep me in check with the great things around me.  Sometimes, I think we get so caught up in "this thing we call life", that the great things can pass right by us without acknowledgement.  I'm going to try not to let that happen.

Today, I want to talk about kindness.  Lately, it seems our world need a bigger dose of kindness.  The other day, I was driving east down J street and turning into the Verizon store right on the intersection of J and Lincolnway.  I turned on my turn signal to go into the parking lot, and immediately realized, this would NOT be a good spot to turn in.  I was almost rear ended three times and I was about to just keep going straight and just turn around when I caught a little break between cars.  I turned in as fast as I could, but not without the SUV I turned in front of laying on the horn the entire time past me.  Now, I did not in any way endanger the SUV.  However, they let me know how unhappy they were because I turned in front of them. 
It just made me think how unnecessary it was to lay on the horn.  Couldn't they see, I was in a very dangerous spot and maybe slow down and wave me in?  Or at the very least, not blow the horn like I had cut them off.   They could have practiced just a little kindness. 

I think sometimes, we have to remember that we don't know what is going on in everyone's lives around us.  If we practice kindness everywhere we go, kindness will prevail.  Stop acting like you own the road and share the love.  Relax, slow down...smile.  A little smile and kindness will go a long way.

Peace,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment