Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we forget to stop and take a moment to be thankful for what we have.  Today's blog is dedicated to what I am thankful for this week...

1.  Cari, my daughter.  Cari will be going off to college this August.  I'm pretty sure I will curl up in the fetal position on my bed and cry my eyes out.  Not sure how I will be able to go through every day without her around me.  Thank God for cell phones!
 I am so proud of her for taking this next step in her life.  She is going for photography and she is darn good at it.  I'm excited to see where this next chapter will take her.
 She is getting her wisdom teeth out tomorrow and did I mention she has a very LOW tolerance for pain?!  Stocking up on lots of mashed potatoes, baja blasts from taco bell and Popsicles!
I'm so thankful for you Cari!!

2.  Nancy Ainsworth-  Nancy stepped up to the plate to help me out twice last week.  I came into work on Thursday with a bad headache and knew teaching Yoga class was going to be rough...she walked in to take my class and offered to teach.  What a blessing!!!  (Yes she is also a certified Yoga inst)  Also, turned out my son needed a bartender at his wedding and she stepped up without much notice to do that as well.
Nancy is always willing to help out.  I think she would give the shirt off her back if I needed it.  Thank you Nancy!!!

3.  Moe Jablonksi and my herb garden.  I am so thankful to have this herb garden that Moe gives me every year.  I love being able to go outside in the morning and pick some fresh herbs to throw in my smoothie.  Thank you Moe for helping me stay healthy!!!


4.  Mary Lou Reed.  I met Mary Lou when I was 14 at the Candy Emporium on Lincolnway.  I began working for her until she moved to Florida when I was 17.  Mary Lou became the mother roll that I was missing in my life.  She is currently in the hospital in Florida being treated for Leukemia.  She has such a great sense of humor and a wonder love for the Lord.  She has taught me a lot and for that, I'm thankful!

5.  Self acceptance.  "I'm not beautiful like you, I'm beautiful like me."   I am thankful that I am able to Love myself for exactly who I am.  It's taken me a long time in this life to stop trying to be like other people.  I love me as all my flaws make me perfectly imperfect!  For that, I am thankful!

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment