Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Friends!!!  I hope you had a very blessed day with your family and friends.  It was a great day indeed.  I started off the day make biscuits and gravy for my family.  No I did not eat them.  I normally don't eat it anyway because it is full of sausage.  About half an hour after getting up, I ate two of my pumpkin protein bars to hold me off until breakfast time which really ended up being Brunch.  Instead of biscuits and gravy, I had two egg whites on an Ezekiel english muffin with half slice of colby cheese.  I also had a banana and and half an orange. 

My children went to see their Grandma and Papa so I went to a friends house.  I took a protein shake with me and a banana and 10 almonds to put in it.  I had that while they ate dinner.  It didn't bother me one bit but it is funny how it bothers others around me.  The hostess felt really bad that I "had nothing to eat".  They ate ham and scalloped potatoes and corn bread casserole....and I drank my protein shake.  I was totally fine with it.  Now I do have to tell you, there was a huge array of cheesecake which I drooled over for probably longer than is appropriate but I did not eat one piece!

I was home in time for my next three hour meal.  I made a huge salad with black beans and every veggie I had in the fridge!  I love a good salad!!  I will be up a while to watch a couple movies I rented so I will eat again at 8:30pm.  I have clean egg salad to put on an Ezekiel wrap.  That will sum up my clean eating on Christmas! 

I have to tell you though, I really could go for a Christmas cookie right about now.  The problem with that is, I do not know how to stop at one.  I know had I not been on this challenge today, I would have consumed a thousand calories more than I needed and probably be on the low side of a sugar high right about now. 

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Merry Christmas!
Love j

1 comment: