Saturday, December 24, 2011

My three pound gain.

On Wednesday and Thursday for whatever reason, I just couldn't drink water.  I simply wasn't thirsty.  Wednesday wasn't as bad since I taught Jazzercise so I did consume a good amount but for some reason, drinking water was very low on my priority list Wed afternoon.  I woke up with cotton mouth on Thursday, a very good indication that I was not drinking enough.  As much as I tried Thursday, I could barely choke it down.  This is very unusual for me because, I LOVE water.  I normally have no problem drinking it.  I went out to eat on Thursday evening with my besties.  I had black bean soup which I did not realize had a drizzle of sour cream on it (I swear)!  I loaded it with salsa and ate up. 

I weigh myself every day, out of habit mostly.  First thing I do before I get in the shower. Before my clean  eating challenge, my weight would easily go up or down 2-3 pounds each day.  The great thing about clean eating is my weight does NOT fluctuate at all....until it goes down!  Except for when I do not consume enough water AND eat a high sodium dinner. I woke up Friday feeling bloated and heavy.  THREE pounds heavier to be exact  I hadn't thought about it at the time but soup is usually loaded with sodium.  I did not let this get me down though. I started chugging the water to flush the body of unwanted water and stuck to my clean eating.  I am happy to announce I am back down 3 pounds.

There are a couple of things I want you to take from this blog.  First of all, if you do weigh yourself regularly, don't panic when it is up.  Take a closer look at what the day before was like for you.  Did you really pig out?  Or did you eat well but not drink enough fluids?  Be honest with yourself.  This does not give you an excuse to binge because you are upset that you ate well and still gained.  It may be just be water.  Don't forget, it takes water to rid the body of water.  When we are low on water our body thinks it must preserve what is left. 

 I am not encouraging you to become a daily weigher if doing that bothers you.  I know many people that judge their weight by their clothes.  I think that is a great way to keep track.  It is important to do what feels best for you.

Oh and for those of you that are curious.  I started my challenge at 147.0 lbs.  I am now down to 140.4.   I lost all the weight in week one.  I have been stable at 140 this week (except for my 3 lbs)! 

If you are trying to watch what you are eating, when eating out be aware of higher sodium foods.  Unless we are making it ourselves, it's very hard to know sodium content.  If you think you are eating higher sodium foods combat it with water and lots of it.

As we go into the holiday remember moderation is the key.  Enjoy your blessings! 

Lots of Love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment