Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Frustrating...

I have been down (no cardio) going on a little over two weeks now with this hip issue.   Hip pain has been going on for more than a month.

I am up 4 pounds.
I am frustrated.
I am dehydrated.
I am sad.
I am not sleeping well.
I am hungry to jazzercise again.
I am scared.
I am tired.

I am  am in week 10 of my clean eating challenge.  I have been on steroids for 12 days and with no improvement decided to see an orthopedic doctor.  He had good news for me.  He is sure I will be up and running in no time after a cortisone shot.  With tears in my eyes, I agree and pray it isn't too painful.  Ok, the shot wasn't horrible but the pain after the shot was!!!  Sometimes the cortisone "crystallizes" in the body and causes more pain than you had before the shot!  Yep, that's what happened.

My eating hasn't changed since I have stopped cardio but my water intake has.  I  have been trying and trying to drink water but I am having a really hard time.  I have been reading that we are supposed to drink a gallon of water a day.  So I set out to see just how much I do drink normally.  I know when I am working out regularly, I consume about 4 of my metal water bottles daily.  Not sure how many ounces in them but thought I'd see if I really could drink a gallon of water in one day without peeing myself, ha!!

This gallon of water could not include coffee or tea or my cocktail with lemon and acv.  Sunday morning at 7am, I woke and started my gallon.  I finished it at 9pm.  I did it.  Turns out, one gallon is about 5 1/2 of my water bottles.  Since I normally drink about 4 of those in one day, I decided I'm pretty happy with that.  I am not however, happy with my intake over the last two weeks.  I can feel the water weight in my fingers.  I will do better.

Doctor thinks I can get back to teaching jazzercise by next week.  I hope to introduce running soon too.

I need those endorphins that exercise provides.
I need the toxic release from my body that exercise provides.
I need to energy that exercise provides.
I need the deep sleep that exercise provides.
I need the happiness that exercise provides.
I need the heart pumping and lung burning sensation that exercise provides.


It will happen and I will survive.  One day at a time.

By the way, someone left a Valentine on my desk yesterday but no one would fess up to it.  I got a package of Justine's Peanut Butter Cups and a Kroger gift card.  Thank you to my secret valentine!!

One more random thing- my friend Kelly has been watching her calorie intake since before Christmas and has lost 16 pounds!!  Way to go Kelly!!  I am SO proud of you.  She posted this on facebook earlier and I wanted to share with all of you!  

"I conducted a nonscientific experiment. For one week I ate the same # of calories per day, spread out at 3 meals, instead of my "new" way of eating - same # of calories per day spread out over 3 snacks and 3 meals. Guess what happened? I STOPPED losing weight and started to gain slowly. Reaffirmed to me that my "new" eating habits are firing up my metabolism and keeping me losing weight at a steady pace. The moral to the story is: it's not only WHAT you eat that matters, but also WHEN & HOW you eat it!"


YES YES YES!!!!!   Did you hear that friends!???!!!!  We do have to eat to lose weight.  We have to eat to burn fat.  Eating once a day is not good for our bodies.  I hear so many excuses and I have an answer to each one!  You can choose to change or choose to stay the same.  


I choose to be healthy!  I choose to eat to live!  I choose to continue to share my journey with you!  Please share your journey with me!


Mucho Love,
j













No comments:

Post a Comment