Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My obsession with coconut continues.

These are a great snack to not only help curb that sweet tooth but nourishing as well.  High in protein and only natural sweetness from the dates make for a hard to resist treat. 

Almond Joy bites

1 cup almond meal/flour
2 cups chopped dates
1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds
1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (add more or less to taste)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c melted coconut oil
1/4 cup coffee or water (I prefer coffee YUMM)
2 scoops whey vanilla protein powder


Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse 15-20 times.  I had to take out and use my hands to mix it as it was very thick.  Roll in balls.  I made 32 coconut bites.  You can make them as big or as small as you like. If you would prefer, you can put them into a glass dish and cut in squares.  For a complete snack, I eat two or three.

I'm on week 11 of my challenge.  I'm happy to announce that my hip is healing and feeling great.  I am back to teaching jazzercise and I even ran two miles today!!  I am sleeping better and my head is clear! I am not nearly as cranky!!  Yay!!!     I am down to 135 pounds, (up one pound pre-hip injury) 12 pounds from when I started my challenge.  I have had so many positive changes!!  I am so glad I didn't wait another day to start.  What are you waiting for?  Don't wait til next month or next week. Start your positive changes now.  I will be with you every step of the way.

Happy, happy, joy, joy....
j

"It's better to regret something that you did, than something you didn't."

2 comments:

  1. Stop it! I want to eat these right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE coconut. I made energy bites last night (just had one for a treat) and it included coconut. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete