Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gummmmm....


I headed to the Health Food Store on Michigan Ave to see if I could found some healthy "clean" gum!  I asked the owner where I could find the "clean" gum. 

He led me to it then said, "If you knew how they made regular gum, you would never chew it again." 

I'm sure if we truly knew how a lot of things were made, we would never eat again!  Anyway, back to the gum.  As I read the ingredients, I was a little concerned because it said, natural flavor (peppermint oil) and natural flavor (spearmint oil).  I wasn't sure if they were stating the natural flavor WAS the oil or trying to trick me into thinking that it WAS the oil.  There was not a comma after natural flavor so I was hopeful that the oil WAS the natural flavor.  I noticed there was an 800 number on the package so I bought them and decided to call the company to find out the truth.  I also bought a licorice gum that said natural flavors but no parentheses next to it.  No 800 number but there was a web site to visit.  Haven't checked it yet, but not so hopeful on that one. 

I called the company and a live person answered.  Kind of surprised me to be honest.  Who answers the phone anymore at a company?!  The gal was very helpful and said the natural flavor WAS in fact, the oil!!!!!!!!!  YIPPEE!!!  Success!!  I am more of a spearmint girl, so of course I chose to chew that one first.  Good news!  They taste good too!  Whew, my chewing gum days are not over!  I can chew gum and not fill my body with unneccesary chemicals on a daily basis.  I am at peace!

Over and out,
j


1 comment:

  1. Yum! So, my list for the health food store now consists of Chia seeds and this gum. :)

    ReplyDelete