Monday, January 30, 2012

I've been cheating since day 1...

I swear it was unintentional.  I've been chewing this sugar free gum daily!!  I didn't give it a second thought until my friend saw me start to get a piece and asked to look at it.  She was telling me that she was shocked that this sugar free gum has the same calories as juicy fruit.  Which let my other friend to say, there is aspartame in that gum.  I looked at the ingredients and there were more unclean ingredients than just aspartame.   We have some natural and artificial flavors, some turmeric blue color and some other things I can't pronounce.  At the end it even has a warning that says this contains Phenylalanine.  That can't be good.  So I'm off the gum and will be headed to the health food store to see if I can find some "clean" gum.

This got me to thinking.  It's just one little piece of 5 calorie gum right?  But what did this one piece, (maybe three in one day) consistently do to the inside of my body?  Which led me to thinking about the creamer I would put in my coffee every morning and the two bags of microwave popcorn I would eat every week.  I consistently and repeatedly put these things (along with many other unclean foods) in my body.  I was thinking, "oh it is just this little bit."  But I was very consistent with every little bit.  What does that do to the inside of my body.  How does my stomach, my liver, my heart and kidneys handle it?  Are all these unclean chemicals that I put into my body, that the FDA deems as safe, safe?! 

I don't miss my creamer any more.  I use half and half (only milk and cream) in my coffee or drink it black.  I no longer miss my kettle corn popcorn.  I have found a delicious way to make popcorn.  I use less than 1 TBSP of coconut oil and 1/3 cup popcorn.  Cook it on the stove, the old fashioned way!  It is Delicious!!!!!  Just a touch of salt and pepper (sometimes freshly grated Parmesan cheese) and I am one happy girl! 

Take a moment and think about the chemicals that you are putting in your body, repeatedly and consistently.  Is there an alternative for that product?  It's worth checking into.  Your health is Worth it!  I'll let you know if I find any gum.  If you find it first, tell me!!

In light and love,

j



No comments:

Post a Comment