Friday, January 6, 2012

What I ate yesterday.

 The first thing I do in the morning is start my tea kettle....I let the water heat while I am getting ready.  I squeeze half the lemon into the hot water and drink while I am getting ready for work.






Then before I walk out the door, I heat a piece of protein cinnamon bread in the microwave (so yummy warm). I want to get something in my stomach because I know it will be more than one hour before I can get my breakfast eaten.  I also start drinking my water.






This is my typical breakfast.  I almost eat the same every morning.  1/2 cup oatmeal with flax seed, wheat germ and cinnamon.  I don't measure any of that, just put a couple of heading spoonfuls in.  I have 6 egg whites with spinach, tomatoes, and goat cheese.  I vary what I put in my eggs every day.  I love them with Salsa too.    I also vary how many egg whites I eat.  It depends on how hungry I am and how much I will be working out that morning.  Remember, 6 egg whites are only 99 calories and 21g protein.  I also have a cup of coffee with 2 Tbsp half and  half, measured and water!  Seems like a lot of food but I have no problem eating it!







This is my first snack of the day.  3 hours after eating breakfast.  Half cup Daisy cottage cheese with cinnamon sprinkled on it and half a banana.  Cinnamon has many health benefits.  I eat it daily.  I had originally planned on eating an apple here but I had a client come in and I didn't have enough time so it was much easier to eat the banana.






Lunch three hours later.  I try to eat a salad every day.  Not just because of it's health benefits but because I LOVE them!!! The great thing about salads is you can change them daily!  This one has spinach, romaine hearts, tomatoes, goat cheese, carrots, cauliflower, green pepper, avocado and salmon and flax seed.  Yes, I sprinkle flax seed on anything I can. I have 2Tbsp organic clean dressing I found at costco on it as well.  I put it all in a bag and shook it up!    Let's not forget the water....drinking it all day long.






Three hours later.  I LOVE protein shakes!!!  This one has ice, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, one scoop vanilla protein powder and the other half of the banana and flax seed.  I'll share with you in another blog the various ways I have my shakes and other ideas for snack.  I  have a shake daily.  I just love the variety of them, so many ways to make them.  Better than DQ!!






I ended my day eating my last meal 4 hours later.  Was late getting home so I was an hour late eating my meal.  I ate two sections of this.  One whole pepper in other words.  This is quinoa stuffed red peppers.  Cooked on the grill.  Super easy to put together.  It has quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, goat cheese, a little pesto and sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan.




This is a typical day of my clean eats.  I will post more so you have other ideas.  I would like you to do something for me though.  Look at each meal and tell me what the protein, complex carbs (startchy or high water) and healthy fat  are in the meal.  It's all about knowledge friends.  Knowledge is power.  


Hugs and love,
j

5 comments:

  1. You and I could be twins with the way we eat..only I can't have bananas. :) LOVE quinoa. Also eat a lot of wheatberries. Quinoa stuffed peppers in the crock pot are really great also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures!!! They are amazing and helpful! You rock! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good example of healthy living, Janet! ^_^ Protein shakes are definitely a plus for those who want to maintain, lose, or gain weight the normal and healthy way. But let's not rely solely on dieting alone. Remember that daily exercise is one big factor as well. Here's to healthy living! *raising glass of protein shake* Hihi!

    Erlinda Lilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erlinda! I own a gym so exercise is definitly part of my life!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Erlinda! I own a gym so exercise is definitly part of my life!!

      Delete