Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New clean recipes....yummmmm.

I have some clean recipes to share today.  Tomorrow I will be sharing my favorite foods and where to buy them!  Today is day 23 for me and I am down to 137.  That means I'm down 10 pounds.  Yippee!!!!


I LOVE this recipe for Caesar dressing!!!!  You will want it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!  Make a bigger batch and use it on your salads!!!


Caesar Salad  (2 servings)


1/2 c Parmesan cheese grated (get fresh not already grated)
1 Tbsp Greek non fat yogurt
4 cloves garlic, minced
juice of half a lemon
1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Black pepper
8 leaves romaine lettuce, washed and torn (not prepackaged salad- fresh)


Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.  Pour dressing over lettuce and toss to coat leaves.  I like to put my salad in a gallon size Ziploc bag and pour the dressing in, shaking well to cover all leaves.


If you love mashed potatoes you will LOVE this recipe.


Garlic Mashed Cauliflower


1 head of cauliflower
1 small onion red or yellow
1-2 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
1-2 cloves of garlic


Steam or boil the cauliflower.  Chop onion and saute it with olive or coconut oil.  Add the cooked cauliflower to the onions and saute together for 8 minutes.  Put cauliflower/onion mix in food processor or blender.  And 1 Tbsp or more of butter and blend.  Chop garlic and saute in oil until brown.  Hand mix garlic in mashed cauliflower.  Enjoy!!!


Stir Fry


2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
1 lrg onion diced
1/2 stock of celery chopped fine
1 sm green pepper diced
1 sm red pepper diced
1 lb broccoli crowns
1 lb mushroom slices
1 lb bean sprouts
2 lb peeled shrimp (or your choice of lean meat, chicken, turkey etc)
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce


In large skillet heat olive oil until hot...and all ingredients but sprouts and soy sauce.  Cook for 10 minutes.  Add bean sprouts and cook until sprouts are soft and tender.  


Eating clean does not have to be boring!!  Enjoy!


In light and love,


j

3 comments:

  1. I love caesar salad! Any way we can add crutons?? J.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my dressing on the side and dip my fork in it before each bite. Try it and you'll be amazed at how much LESS dressing you will eat and still enjoy the flavor of the dressing. It works, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea Sarah. Yes KB you can make your own croutons. No store bought ones. I'll see if I can find a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete