Monday, March 19, 2012

Banana coco-nutty bars...

It's true friends!!  If you want to get rid of that spare tire around your middle, what you put in your mouth matters.  I wish  more things were made with ingredients like these below.  


It says it is made with a LOT of LOVE!!!!  Isn't that adorable?!  This is a couscous salad I found at Costco a while back.  Ok, time for a pop quiz......


 Can you tell me what 24 ounces of broccoli and 8 Hershey Kisses have in common?  I took a picture of the broccoli in the pan because it can be deceiving in the package. Answer at the bottom of the blog....wait for it.....wait for it.......
 I am on day 5 of my one ingredient eating.  It's going pretty well.  I need to be prepared at all times.  This is truly key, as always-right?! I had a late breakfast and I had to eat on the run, so I ate an apple and 10 almonds.  Not my normal, but it was an "on the road breakfast".  For my morning snack, I had a delicious home-made banana coco-nutty bar.  I will share the recipe!!!


I just had lunch-Yumm!  Steamed Tilapia, sweet potato and green beans.  I use the steam fresh ziploc bags a lot!  I can cook my fish in two minutes and my sweet potato in 4 min.  The sweet potatoes are HUGE, so I cut it in four servings.  Remember protein should be about 3-4 ounces or the size and thickness of our palm.  Complex carbs should be the size of one fist and veggies equal two fists.  I never put a limit on my veggies.  I cut the tilapia in half and will eat the other half for a snack with berries.  Tonight, I plan on having stuffed peppers with quinoa and mushrooms on the grill.

This may seem boring to some, but not to me -I love eating healthy foods.  I did not put anything on my potato.  I don't think sweet potatoes need anything; they are perfect without all that butter and brown sugar!!!  I did put some cajun seasoning on my fish but nothing on the green beans, which I ate one at a time!  I am eating to LIVE not living to EAT.  

Here is the ingredients for the recipe I made last night- 

 Banana Coco-Nutty Bars.

 2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup peanut butter 
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1 square 100% cacoa chocolate, melted

Mash bananas in bowl with fork then add all other ingredients.    Place in small container and place in freezer for 20 minutes or so.  Cut in squares and enjoy!!!  I was going to make these into balls then roll in coconut but then changed my mind and mixed it all together.  So feel free to switch it up!  



I usually make my own peanut butter but my daughter likes this brand.  I like crunchy peanut butter and this one offers the crunch with just one ingredient, peanuts.  You can find this brand at Wal-Mart along with the 100% Cacoa chocolate.   You cannot find unsweetened coconut at Wal-Mart however.  Kroger carries that!



Time for the answer to the pop quiz.


What do 24 ounces of broccoli and 8 Hershey Kisses have in common?


 They both have the same calories!!!!  But---the Hershey Kisses have 12g of fat and 6 teaspoons of Sugar!!!!!  No fat or sugar in the broccoli!!!   

   What will you choose?

-wrote with a lot of Love!
j

  

No comments:

Post a Comment