Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm craving crunchy!

I'm on day 12 of my 6 week challenge and I am craving CRUNCH big time!!!!  I have tried nuts, celery, water chestnuts....but I am NOT satisfied.  I gave in and had a handful of organic pumpkin granola.  Ugh!!!  I knew if I didn't just give in and have that little bit, I would possibly lose it and have way more than I should of something else!  Sometimes giving in IS a good thing.  I can stop at one handful.  It worked- my craving is gone!  Thanks for keeping me honest friends!


This has been a bit harder than I thought it would be.  It is the crunch that got me.  I am still eating every three hours- all whole foods.  I am having stevia in my morning apple cider vinegar cocktail.  I know I said I wouldn't have any sugar but seriously friends, I can not do the drink without it.  I believe I am better off with the drink than without. So one pack of stevia a day but I am not having any other sugar. 


 I was at a baby shower yesterday and I chose not to eat any cake.  Thank goodness there was a veggie tray there!!!  Someone questioned why wasn't I eating cake and my friend pipped in saying "she is on a diet".  I am NOT on a diet friends!  I'm eating healthy!   Diets don't last- eating healthy for a lifetime does!




I posted about these Ziploc- zip n steam bags in a previous blog.  These are awesome!!!  If you have not tried these, put them on your shopping list!  There is cooking times on the back of each bag!  I can cook my fish in 3 minutes and my sweet potatoes in 4 minutes.  You can cook shrimp, chicken, veggies and even hot dogs in these fancy bags.  (I don't recommend eating hot dogs, ha!)  If you need convenience and speed, these are for you!




Here are a few of my recent meals-
Stuffed red peppers with quinoa, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes topped with pine nuts and spinach!




Egg whites (oops part of the yolk snuck in there), spinach, mushrooms, sweet peppers and tomatoes!




I have been eating a lot of fish, shrimp, eggs and tons of veggies!  I am eating greek yogurt with fruit and oatmeal with cherry juice!  I have been crazy busy so I have not been able to try any new recipes these last couple weeks.  Tosca Reno just published a Clean Eating book for vegetarians.  I have ordered it and will share the recipes in the future.  I am very excited to get it!!

Blessings,
j

3 comments:

  1. I wish those bags didn't leach chemicals into your food. ): Everything you pictured looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the same thing about microwaving in plastic. Is it true for these bags too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great news. The ziploc bags do not cause phthalates or BPA to be leached into the food. Check out this web site here....copy and paste.

    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/consumer-protection/plastic-safety-heat-food-6

    It has great information on other products as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete