Friday, April 13, 2012

Day one- Juice Fast

Day one of Reboot 15 day juice fast.  For breakfast I will have cherry cinnamon bake.  Mid morning snack is that lovely green juice up there :)  The green juice consists of 2 cups of Kale, 2 cups of spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 4 stalks of celery, 2 green apples and ginger root.  I will be having a salad for lunch with mustard vinaigrette dressing and carrot ginger soup.  Dinner is a salad with green beans, snow peas and broccoli with ginger honey soy dressing. You can find all the recipes and the different reboot juice fasts here.  I start and end my day with herbal tea or hot lemon water.  


Ha, I just noticed the dog treats behind my food.  No doggie treats for me!!!


I woke up with a headache this morning, which I am sure is from lack of sleep.  I didn't go to bed until late.  No coffee this morning is going to hurt.  I don't think I over-do the coffee but I definitely LOVE my cup in the morning!!!  


I will be trying some new vegetables that I have never tried before.  I put Jicama in my lunch salad today.  It is an australian yam bean or also known as a mexican potato.  It is kind of sweet and crunchy.  Sort of like a cross between a potato and a pear.  


No extra protein in these meals.  It will be all plant based.  I am wondering how that will affect me.  


Until tomorrow,


love j

1 comment: