Monday, April 23, 2012

I survived!


I haven't chewed food for 5 days!  This is my breakfast today!  I get to chew again!!!  I did 5 days of juice and fruits and veggies and 5 days of only juice.  No FOOD!!  Now I am on to 5 days of food and juice again.

The juicing was hard over the weekend.  I have not been hungry at all!  It is the emotional hunger I talked about before.  I drank 5 juices each day with hot tea and coconut water.  I have not been doing the best with the coconut water so today I decided to add it in my juice!


Can you see what is wrong with this picture?  Look very closely at the top shelf.

Maybe this will help!  My daughter decided to make peanut butter balls yesterday.  Can you imagine not being able to eat anything for 5 days straight and walk in to fresh peanut butter balls?  Oh my will power was truly tested.  I did not however, eat one!!   I'm sure they will be gone by Friday, my last day of my reboot fast.  

A few other things I have learned while doing the fast-
  • I have so far lost 7 pounds
  • I am cold ALL the time!!!!!
  • One might need to get a fix by smelling best friends breath after they drink coffee. 
  • Garbage must be taken out DAILY!
  • Fresh beets don't look very good but one must not judge another by their looks.
  • Sometimes the best part of the juice is the bendy straw.
  • Just because you are drinking the juice doesn't mean food doesn't get stuck in your teeth.  Check a mirror.
  • The drinks have gotten better tasting and easier to drink since the first day.
  • Krogers carries Fennel but they call it Anise.
  • Mason jars are perfect for storing juices for the next day.
  • When on day 5 of juices only, one might find Cheetos in daughters room.  It is amazing how much of your face you can stick in a Cheetos bag to get a BIG sniff.
My friend B and Tommy started the juice fast with me.  B got VERY sick on day 1.  She had to detox the diet coke from her system.  She decided she could not drink the juices and decided to just eat clean now that she was detoxed.  Tommy is not only doing the juice fast with me but decided to quit smoking.  I am proud to say he has made it 10 days juicing and smoke free.  He also went through detox last weekend, day 1, 2 and 3.  He had flu like symptoms and a little crankiness too!  He has lost about 10 pounds and looks so  much healthier!  He has been very hungry during the last 5 days.  He has been such a trooper though.  We sure to laugh a lot and BOTH of us had our head stuck in that Cheetos bag taking a huge sniff!!! 

We have made it this far.  The next five days will be a breeze.

In light and love,
j








No comments:

Post a Comment